It's back to school time! Whether you are homeschooling, public or private school bound, attending in-person or e-learning, this is a time of transition for us all. One strategy for easing into something new is through the use of traditions. Traditions can create meaning and provide comfort in times of change. One tradition that my children enjoy is having an ice cream for dinner night to mark the start of a new school year.
Over the summer I started the bad habit of being a short order cook for my twins at breakfast. I knew I didn't want this to continue in the fall, so I created a breakfast list. They can choose 2 items off of the list for breakfast. This makes our mornings so much easier.
With so much about school out of our control as parents, I have found myself focused on what I can control. I have been scouring the internet for the best products for back to school. Here are a few of my (not-sponsored) favorites!
1. Enro Masks- If you or your school requires masks, these are great. They have a built-in filter, are machine washable, and very light weight.
2. FlatBox Lunch Bag- I had the hardest time finding a washable lunchbox. These are made of neoprene, machine washable, and zip open to make a place mat for eating.
3. Bentgo- A great option for little ones or anyone that may have difficultly opening multiple bags or containers.
4. Mask Lanyards (found on Amazon)- If you or your school requires masks, I have found lanyards to be a great way to help kids keep track of them throughout the day. These have a child safety release to prevent injury on the playground.
5. Handzies- I put these in lunchboxes and backpacks. My kids' have sensitive skin that easily gets dry and cracked with too much hand sanitizer. But these are so gentle!